Saturday, December 03, 2005

Slippery customers

Last week I trod on a third snake inside my flat. All three were Brahminy Blind Snakes. I stepped on the first two while walking to the bathroom in the middle of the night. It felt like an elastic band underfoot, until I realised I don't keep elastic bands on the hallway floor. The most recent one was attempting to burrow under my laptop bag but wasn't having much success penetrating the ceramic floor tiles. All three survived me stepping on them presumably because I jumped off pretty damn quick in surprise; all were rehoused in the garden. Our reptile-expert neighbour Nick (see snake post above) has identified nine species of snakes outside the flat; thank goodness I haven’t found anything larger than a Brahminy Blind Snake inside the flat. Yet ...

No comments: