Tuesday, May 02, 2006

bloody lizards!

"They're sooo cute, they eat mosquitos and bring good luck" ... get real! I've never seen a cicak / gecko / jinjok do anything as useful as eat a mosquito, they seem to prefer ants and flies. They crap everywhere. They fall off the ceiling into the ceiling fan and splatter round the walls. They commit suicide in our washing machine, toaster, microwave, chicken curry and window and doorframes. And now in my HP laser printer! OK, this time it's a case of reptilicide not suicide. I saw the lizard jumping into the machine via the paper-out slot and everything in my body told me to turn off the machine but I just couldn't stop myself from pressing "PRINT"! Uh oh, I think we now have a two-legged, two-dimensional lizard. And I can't get it out. I might have to take the printer to HP and ask them if this model is supposed to come with a lizard in it.



UPDATE: How embarrassing ... I had to take the printer to HP Service Centre after two days 'cos I couldn't get the lizard out and it was beginning to smell! I called HP to warn them I was bringing the lizard in and all the service centre girls screamed and ran off when they saw me. Well, I'm quite used to that. At least I managed to meet Sri for a coffee at HP, where he works as an IT Solutions Architect.

No comments: